When you are involved in a dispute with another party, are facing criminal charges or if you feel your rights have been violated, it is a good idea to consult with an attorney. You have rights and an attorney can help protect those rights. Some of the issues with which we have helped clients throughout Tennessee and the nation include:
- Criminal – whether you have been charged with a DUI or you face other criminal charges including drug possession, burglary or assault, having a criminal defense attorney on your side is important. Not only can an attorney help ensure your rights are protected but they will aggressively fight the charges against you.
- General Litigation – when you are involved in a dispute over goods not delivered or services not received, it is imperative that you are able to recover financially. An attorney who is willing to take these types of cases to court if necessary is important. Naturally our goal is to help settle these disputes but when necessary we will be fully prepared to present your case in court.
- Civil Rights – fortunately there are laws that guarantee that no individual shall be singled out for disparate treatment in employment, housing and access. Our firm represents individuals who feel their civil rights have been violated by their employers, schools or even by government agencies like the police.
- Discrimination – there are protections in place that allow us to get a fair hearing when we are applying for jobs, loans or making an application for an apartment. These laws prohibit employers, lenders and property owners from discrimination based on age, gender or religion to name a few. When you have been denied a raise, a loan or an apartment because of any of these factors, you have the right to fight back and we can help.
- Appeals – one of the best things about our criminal justice system is the right to appeal a decision made by the court or a jury. If you have been convicted of any charges, you have the right to file an appeal based on new evidence, mishandling of evidence or a wide range of other issues. An attorney who understands the appeals system can help you through the process and work with you to get a new trial or have the charges against you dismissed.
Whenever your rights are at risk, whether because of discrimination or because you face criminal charges, it is important to understand your options. Contact the Chattanooga office of Bowe & Associates, PLLC at (423) 475-6070 for legal assistance.